Sable FX Compliance Statement
1st Contact Money (PTY) Limited T/A Sable FX (registration number 2003/007417/107) is authorised as a Financial Services Provider "FSP" in terms of Section 8 of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002 (Act No. 37 of 2002) or "FAIS".
Our regulators and authorisation
Our authorised FSP Licence number is 41900
1st Contact Money (PTY) Limited T/A Sable FX is authorised to render intermediary services in respect of the financial product types, as listed below:
- Securities and instruments: derivative instruments excluding warrants
- Forex investment business
- Long-term deposits
- Short-term deposits
Our compliance undertaking
The Sable Group has appointed Compli-Serve (SA) (Pty) Ltd as its independent external compliance officer. Compli-Serve is a nationally represented independent provider of regulatory compliance management services and solutions to the financial services sector. Compli-Serve draws on international experience in developing services tailored for the domestic market. Their services are designed to meet the best practice compliance needs of today's financial services professionals, who operate in an ever-increasingly regulated environment. (Compli-Serve can be contacted on 0861 273 783/CSERVE.) The practice number for Compli-Serve with the Financial Services Board is CO 194.
What the FAIS Act does
The FAIS Act regulates financial service providers and the representatives of financial service providers selling a wide range of financial products. The FAIS Act gives you, the client, protection against poor advice.
In terms of the Act, anyone or any institution selling a financial product or giving you financial advice for a fee or commission must, in dealing with you, meet certain minimum requirements; behave honourably, professionally and with due diligence; provide you with appropriate advice; and are subject to disciplinary procedures if they do not adhere to the FAIS Act.
Know Your Adviser ("KYA")
Before you do any business with us, we will provide you with essential information about ourselves. This information includes:
- Full business and trade names
- Licence registration number
- All contact details - postal and physical addresses, telephone and cell phone numbers, and internet and email addresses
- Names and details of other people or branch offices to contact, if you require further information
- Concise details of our legal and contractual status, including details about what financial services we are permitted to provide and which company or companies we represent.